What to do when things don't go according to plan!
I recently had a holiday and while it was lovely it also contained many challenges!
Basically, if it could go wrong, it did!
Cancelled flights, missed transfers and let’s diplomatically say holiday illnesses.
In summary it wasn’t exactly as we had planned.
But then life doesn’t always go to plan does it?
So these are 5 top tips for when it doesn’t!
1. Allow yourself time to feel the disappointment or any emotions that come up.
2. Take solace in the company of others – knowing others feel the same helps you to connect with them and can provide genuine comfort.
3. Move physically to move your mood- if your flights delayed walk around the airport, stretch, fidget whatever it takes just get a bit of that nervous energy out.
4. Be kind to yourself – you need to be kind to yourself when your processing hurt or disappointment. Its also worth reminding yourself that you did the bets you could or that the situation is simply out of your control.
5. Find the humour – we laughed hard at some of our experiences on holiday and it helped! Laughter is a great release and sometimes the best thing to do!
If you find it particularly stressful or experience anxiety when things go wrong, remember it doesn’t have to be that way. Hypnotherapy can help with stress management and relaxation. So that when plans change you can go with the flow more easily. Feel free to drop me a message if you’d like to know more.